GENERAL PRECAUTIONARY SAFETY MEASURES
Updated March 19, 2021
If you have been diagnosed with Covid 19 or have come in contact with someone diagnosed with Covid 19, please reframe from attending any event at Foothills BMX for 10 days post exposure!! If you or the racer are feeling ill, please do not attend. Fever of 100.4 or greater, headache, cough, sore throat, or shortness of breath please DO NOT ATTEND ANY BMX EVENT!
IF YOU HAVE TESTED POSTIVE AFTER ANY EVENT AT FOOTHILL BMX PLEASE CONTACT THE TRACK IMMEDIATLY!
TRAVELERS: THE STATE OF CT NO LONGER HAS TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS IN PLACE.
"KNOW YOUR CDC TRAVEL RISKS"
CDC RECOMMENDS TESTING AND 7 day quarantine if you have traveled to a large sporting events for all
PARTICIPATION IN ALL EVENTS ARE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
* Spectators: We are encouraging spectators to be limited to immediate family (those who live together.)
Additionally, we recommend that those who suffer from chronic or immunocompromised conditions, avoid attending events when possible.
* It is MANDATORY to utilize face coverings when in public common areas, when 6ft. social distancing guidelines can not be maintained!
Pit Areas will be allowed with 6 feet of distancing between pits.
We will make every effort possible to stream the races on our Facebook page so that those not in attendance can view. This will be done with a static camera and the field of view may be limited.
* Disinfecting Procedures - Hand Washing & Sanitizing: Rigorous cleaning and sanitation measures throughout the venue will be implemented to promote a clean and healthy environment. Additionally, ample hand sanitizer will be available for all attendees.
* Loaner bikes and helmets will be available this season.
Items will be Sanitized and stored for 7 days in between use.
* All facility buildings are off limits to everyone except Foothills BMX Board members and/or event staff.
* All riders must wear a full-face helmet and gloves and have them on prior to approaching the staging area! NO EXCEPTIONS! Parents accompanying riders in staging are MUST HAVE FACE COVERINGS
* Riders will not be permitted to stop on the track or in turns and must keep moving.
* No spectators are permitted on the starting hill or the staging area.
* Adhere to social distancing of at least six (6) feet whenever possible.
* Frequently wash hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer.
* Avoid touching your face.
* Sneeze or cough into a tissue, or the inside of your elbow.
* Disinfect frequently used items and surfaces as much as possible; bring and carry hand sanitizer in your gear bag and use it often.
* We will have our volunteer staff on-site throughout the day to assist with any concerns or safety measures.
Sport Specific Precautionary Measures:
Moto Sheets: These will be posted on-site and online. The link is on the bulletin board at the track and possibly the Track Facebook page when possible on race days! Make sure to social distances yourself when at moto boards!
Staging: Only parents of riders ages 5 & Under will be allowed in the staging area (chutes to the gate) face covering must be worn at all times! No other parents will be allowed. Parents of younger riders are encouraged to help their rider load into their chute, but can go no further. We will have additional staff throughout staging to assist with this modification. We anticipate one moto in the gate, one on the staging platform.
Staging for Practice: Riders will be required to stage for practice through the chutes in order to maintain distancing.
Special Considerations: Helmets must be worn while in the staging area. We ask that riders only come to staging when their race is close to being called. Staging may run slower than usual, so please be patient.
Finish Line Area: STOP AND READ PARENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE FINISH LINE AREA! At the conclusion of each race, riders must immediately leave the finish line area to return to their pits. Helmets should be worn all the way back to the pit areas, and there will be no congregating at the finish line area allowed.
RIDERS THAT WOULD LIKE TO PROTEST A RACE MAY DO SO BY STANDING 6 FEET FROM SCORING TABLE, BUT RIDER ONLY!
We ask that when riders congratulate other riders, they do so by simply saying “Good Race” instead of hugs & high-fives.
Protest: . RIDERS THAT WOULD LIKE TO PROTEST A RACE MAY DO SO BY STANDING 6 FEET FROM SCORING TABLE, BUT RIDER ONLY! Foothills BMX officials are well trained and taught to call fouls as they happen. These officials will decide immediately if an incident is deemed a foul or a no call. Once the official has made this determination and the head official has confirmed and documented a foul or no call, that decision is final.
Awards: At the conclusion of the main event, awards will be given before riders exit the track area. We ask that once your racer has collected their award that you exit the facility as expeditiously as possible.
This list is meant to serve as a guideline and will be our best practices. We reserve the right to make changes if necessary, to ensure for the safety and well-being of our riders and spectators. Further updates to these guidelines will be posted, as necessary.
**THIS PART IS IMPORTANT**
RESPECT THE STAFF, VOLUNTEERS, AND FACILITY!
IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH ANY OF THESE PROCEDURES OR BEING AROUND PEOPLE PLEASE STAY HOME. LET’S GET BACK TO RACING AS SAFELY AS POSSIBLE AND MOST OF ALL LET’S HAVE FUN. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR RECOMMENDATIONS TO MAKE THINGS BETTER, PLEASE CONTACT US DIRECTLY. IF YOU HAVE COMPLAINTS, PLEASE KEEP THOSE TO YOURSELF.
Please be patient with us we are doing our best with what has been directed to us in order to make race days happen.